The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Any way to sync to iCal dates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all:

I just got OmniFocus and love the way it works...up until I try to sync it to iCal. I notice that it creates To-Do lists for iCal, but I can't figure out a way to have the events post directly onto the dates of the calendar. Is there any way to have things like project/task deadlines show up on the calendar date?

Thanks for your help.
--TVD

We have a feature request open on synching actions to the calendar, but it's not something we're going to do in 1.0; we didn't think folks wanted an action with a start date on monday and a due date on friday to smear itself all over their whole week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We have a feature request open on synching actions to the calendar, but it's not something we're going to do in 1.0; we didn't think folks wanted an action with a start date on monday and a due date on friday to smear itself all over their whole week.
And at least for me, you're right. A calendar is for hard landscape. OF handles projects and actions, which are another thing entirely.