The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Link from OmniFocus to OmniPresence strored Doc Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
First, i've just tested OmniPresence on my own Mountain Lion Server and
discovered i need to wait for iOS apps update to have the benefit of it on other devices. The Mac-to-Mac Syncing (and versioning) works so fine, I'm very excited about it getting it on iOS apps.

But there is a little disappointed point for me with Omnipresence.
I've been long time waiting for an elegant way to organize Reference Document in OmniFocus (Ref Doc = Document related to a project). Since i read Omnipresence will be implemented on the WebDAV protocol, i thougt : "Cool. I'll be able to add somme http link in my OmniFocus actions. When clicking on it it will open the file from OmniPresence storage and modifications made in it will ba available to all other Macs/iPhone/iPad, from the same link in OmniFocus". I was wrong. As far as i know, there is no way to point to an OmniPresence stored Document with a universal link (independent of the device used).

Maybe you could give some general advices on how to manage Reference Doc for OmniFocus with OmniPresence (I don't want the Doc to be part of OmniFocus DB because it will make it too big), please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxime.wacker@free.fr View Post
Hello,
First, i've just tested OmniPresence on my own Mountain Lion Server and
discovered i need to wait for iOS apps update to have the benefit of it on other devices. The Mac-to-Mac Syncing (and versioning) works so fine, I'm very excited about it getting it on iOS apps.
Our iOS apps have already been updated to support OmniPresence. These would be OmniOutliner 1.5, OmniGraffle 1.9, and OmniGraphSketcher 1.7. If you need help configuring them for use with OmniPresence, let me know. OmniFocus and OmniPlan already had own individual syncing methods so do not make use of OmniPresence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxime.wacker@free.fr View Post
Maybe you could give some general advices on how to manage Reference Doc for OmniFocus with OmniPresence (I don't want the Doc to be part of OmniFocus DB because it will make it too big), please.
Our main goal for OmniPresence was to provide a document based syncing method that worked with our three document based apps that didn't have one (OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, OmniGraphSketcher). Such use with OmniFocus was not in that scope but that idea has come up and I'll add your vote to it. Thanks!

OK, i understand why i couldn't get new version of your apps : i got a too old device (iPad 1) which could not upgrade to iOS v6.

I hope new devices will be announced at WWDC in 2 weeks ;-)