The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Some actions do not appear when only active contexts are shown? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I sent this as feedback, but I'm wondering if other people are seeing this.

I have a perspective that shows actions in active contexts (that is in context view, only active contexts, available actions). In this view only contexts with actions in them are shown.

I created a new project with a context that is active but that did not have any action. In the context view this does not appear: the context is active, it has an action, yet the action is not shown. I need to change the filtering to "available contexts" to see the action.

Is this a known bug (or a known user error)?

Active contexts are really the contexts set to active that have actions.

You want Available contexts to see contexts set to active whether or not they have actions.

I think this is a bit of a bug. Contexts should have an "available" option rather than an "active" option. Then the View Bar settings would make sense.

Curt

Well, there was a bug as the context was active and did contain an action.

Somehow this got fixed when I last updated OF (yesterday evening): the action appeared without me changing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Active contexts are really the contexts set to active that have actions.

You want Available contexts to see contexts set to active whether or not they have actions.

I think this is a bit of a bug. Contexts should have an "available" option rather than an "active" option. Then the View Bar settings would make sense.
I think there is a bug with the filter (available, active contexts). No matter which filter I pick, the list of contexts do not change even though some I have actions/some do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Well, there was a bug as the context was active and did contain an action.
Was the action a singleton action? I just noted exactly the same behaviour, and the context in question contained only one singleton (projectless) action. The context is marked as "Active", but disappears when I select "Active Contexts". I can only assume this is a bug. I've submitted feedback.

It was not a singleton action, but an action part of a newly created project.

Argh, the bug is back. I did not change anything, just updated this morning, and the only way to see this action is to select "available contexts". Maybe the problem is because it's a nested context "Person - Name" (both it and its parent are "active" and "allow next actions", but there are no actions in the parent, so maybe it desactivates it ...)

Ah, adding an action in the parent context made the child one appear. But what I don't understand is why, when I remove every action, the "Person" context (which is the parent one) remains in the "active" context list, even though it contains no action and has no sub-context with an action.

brab,

That's a great bug report. (Not a great bug, to be sure. But that's the kind of bug report that coders love. It should lead them straight to the problem.) Be sure to send it in using Send Feedback.

Curt

Thanks, I had not sent this update using feedback (as I cannot really reproduce it, my "people" context does not go away now), but I will.

This bug has been logged. Thanks guys!