The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stroke on left and right side only Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy,
I need a shape with strokes on the left and right side only but can't figure out how to do that. The Stroke inspector allows me to e.g. have strokes on top and bottom only etc., but I can't seem to figure out how to do it so that they show up on the left and right only.
Thanks in advance for your help.
P

Sounds like you're looking for an inspector or palette that lets you customize individual borders as if it was a characteristic of an object. I don't think OG has that.

Only way seems to be anchoring four separate lines objects together, so that you can control the line widths separately. (It could be one of those things you do one time and make it a stencil or master object so you can change it globally later.)

A feature like this appears in other apps such as InDesign and MSWord. Visio has it but it's wonky.

Thank you Matthew. That was my thought as well, thank you for confirming. I thought this should be such a common use case that there might be a simpler solution, but probably not.
Again, thanks a lot for the quick reply.

np.

I like that you're trying to address the tool for greater wireframe fidelity.