The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

v5.3 Performance Degradation under Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelly View Post
I experienced same symptoms -- swirling rainbow, 2 second delay, on every return to the application. Unchecking quicklook made the problem go away. Painful since no one buys for quicklook preview, but everyone buys to draw a diagram and everyone (on Lion at least) is effected.

On another note...the forum signup process is pretty harsh. Made me think/work pretty hard just to add this 'me too' note.
I have the same issue here, on a MBP i7 8GB SSD w/ Lion, using 5.3.4.

My document has only one canvas, and around 100 simple shapes (rectangles). I do have a lot of fills w/ opacity around 50%, and some nested shape groupings.

Any ideas?

I just upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3 on a Macbook Air running Lion. I was working on a document with one canvas, 1000mm X 800mm and less than 25 objects consisting of mostly rectangles, an arrow connector and text.

Everything worked great on 5.2 and every operation was responsive.

After the upgrade to 5.3.4 I get the spinning beach ball frequently and unless this is fixed soon will have to reinstall the 5.2 version so it is usable again. I did send an email to support about the problem.