The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb crash on open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
whenever I open omniweb, the icon bounces for a few seconds, then crahes unexpetedly. I've tryed full uninstall, ive tried everything. please help!

Are you seeing the OmniCrashCatcher window?

hi! I have the same problem: on opening OmniWeb, the icon bounces a few times, then I get the spinning pizza.
And, no, I don't see the OmniCrashCatcher window.
I'm working on a MacPro under 10.4.11.

Sage, what happens if you hold down the shift key while starting OmniWeb? That will get you a fresh workspace.

whpalmer4, nothing different happens when I hold the shift-key: I get an immediate crash.

Have you tried in a new user account on your machine? Has OmniWeb ever worked for you?

If you bring up the Console application (from Applications/Utilities), is there anything logged around the time of the crash?

For the record I just double checked to make sure that we didn't break Tiger support in 5.9.2 and it does work on G5 10.4.11 machine here, so it isn't that :)

whpalmer4 and troyb, thanks for your help!

- new user account: yes, OmniWeb works for a new user account I just created! Good news!

- has it ever worked for me: yes, for quite some time on my MacBook -- but never on this machine.

- is anything logged in the Console app: no.

BUT: I just deleted the OminWeb folder in "Application Support", and that did it! Now I can run OmniWeb on this computer -- wahoo!

Thanks!