The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Substitution :: How? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just started using Mac OS X 10.6.x Snow Leopard (I had been using 10.5.x). I think the new text substitution feature provided by the OS is great! However, I can't seem to get it to work within OmniWeb.

Has anyone been successful getting text substitution to work within OmniWeb?

----
Build details:

Product: OmniWeb-5.11
Tag:
Date: 2011-04-10 02:50:01 -0700
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb106i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 147612

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe2000 View Post
Has anyone been successful getting text substitution to work within OmniWeb?
They're not working here in sneak peek (v622.15 r145554).

Right, that's what I was meaning to communicate. I was wondering whether anyone had figured how to get Text Substitution to work.

Nobody know anything about this? Really?

Sorry you didn't get a response earlier. This isn't enabled in OmniWeb at this time but I believe it will be as we move away from supporting older OS's (like 10.4).

I'm assuming you want to see it in form fields, let me know if you're looking for it in a different area.

Hey Troy, thanks for the response!

Yes, I'd like to be able to use Snow Leopard's Text Substitution feature in the fields (both one- and multi-line high) in web page forms. There are a couple forms I routinely have to fill in at work with the same data each time and it'd be nice to type a few keys and then have the entire field fill in. For whatever reason, OmniWeb's autofill feature refuses to fill in all the fields, so it seems that Text Substitution would be the way to go.