The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locks on mediasitebuilder.com ad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb 5.10.1 locked on me this morning as it sought to open a popup window for mediasitebuilder.com (yes, I should have blocked it...). So I force quit the app, but I couldn't reopen OmniWeb without the browser returning to the same locked-up popup. Have tried deleting my history files, but to no avail. Have trashed my app, and downloaded a new version, but to no avail.

Normally, returning to where you shut down is a nice convenience. Today, it is keeping me from working.

Seems like there should be an easy fix, but I'm out of ideas. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks in advance for your help!

Try launching with the shift key held down -- you'll get a fresh, empty workspace and shouldn't attempt to reload the offending page.

If you don't want to lose your browsing state, the easiest thing to do is to turn off your network connection, then launch OmniWeb and close the tab that has been causing the problem, turn your network connection back on and reload all the tabs.