The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Extension for Chrome Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I still love using Omniweb, but it is starting to really show it's age. If there was one thing I could bring to other browsers from Omniweb, it would be the graphical side tabs where you can see the thumbnail of the page. Safari has something called Safari Stand that does this.

Any chance we could see an extension from Omni Group that will bring Omniweb's graphical side tabs to Google Chrome?

It's an interesting idea, but I think the odds that you'll see something like this from us are extremely low, to be honest.

When/if we had time for something like this, it'd be more likely that we'd spend it working on OmniWeb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's an interesting idea, but I think the odds that you'll see something like this from us are extremely low, to be honest.

When/if we had time for something like this, it'd be more likely that we'd spend it working on OmniWeb...
I hope you guy's will add an extension's capability. It would sure be nice have some Safari, Firefox and Chrome extensions like Incognito, Disconnect and NoScript. Now that I've had 5.11 sneaky peek for eons it seems, I must agree that OW is really showing its age. It used to be so advanced, but now, well...

The very fact that OW is not "advanced" and has no extensions to slow it down makes it the only - and I mean *only* - browser that does not sometimes distort pages, block occasional video, hang, slow down, or cause me problems of any kind. The only improvements it needs are more sophisticated ad blocking and a professional looking set of tool bar icons. It's already faster to load and render than Chrome.