The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Script: Filtered export to iThoughtsHD & OPML (& .txt) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by viticci View Post
Oh, and by the way, I have tried both the shell script version and the full AppleScript file. In both cases, the .itm that is created doesn't have the colors and styles of the Template.
Thanks - my first response was wrong - first of all, it turns out that the script does actually pick up the pathname, as the help page suggests.

For me this kind of thing is working:

-m '/Users/username/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/Bright.itmz'

Could I ask you to experiment with trying this with the Bright.itmz and pastel.itm templates in the .zip, to see if they are making a difference on your system ?

(I take it that the script is not reporting failure to find the template ?)

The script does two things with the template:
1. it adopts the plist wrapping of the data
2. it reads the colours just from the top level branches

It may be worth studying the two supplied examples in a text editor (you'll need to unzip the .itmz file and look at the map.itm file which it contains) and comparing them with the template you are using.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-09-30 at 01:22 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Thanks - my first response was wrong - first of all, it turns out that the script does actually pick up the pathname, as the help page suggests.

For me this kind of thing is working:

-m '/Users/username/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/Bright.itmz'

Could I ask you to experiment with trying this with the Bright.itmz and pastel.itm templates in the .zip, to see if they are making a difference on your system ?

(I take it that the script is not reporting failure to find the template ?)

The script does two things with the template:
1. it adopts the plist wrapping of the data
2. it reads the colours just from the top level branches

It may be worth studying the two supplied examples in a text editor (you'll need to unzip the .itmz file and look at the map.itm file which it contains) and comparing them with the template you are using.

--
Ok, my bad. I wasn't unzipping the .itmz file so that's why the script wasn't picking up the styles.

It looks like you can't set shapes in the current version. Maybe there's a workaround for this?

For instance, here's the template, and the file based on it.

Template

OF export

Quote:
Ok, my bad. I wasn't unzipping the .itmz file so that's why the script wasn't picking up the styles.
Shouldn't really have to unzip them - zipped (.itmz) templates seem to be working here.

Quote:
It looks like you can't set shapes in the current version. Maybe there's a workaround for this?
Good catch. It seems that the Inherit Shape setting kicks in from the top-level branches rather than from the root node.

Ver 015 now reads the shapes, as well as the colors, from the top level branches of the template, and if Inherit Shape is set, that should cascade down through the diagram.

(Doesn't yet read the root node colour/shape though - I'll get round to that at some point - busy week ahead :-)

Took a quick look at it.
Ver 016 should now inherit colours and shapes of both root and level 1 branches from any specified template itm or itmz template.

If your template sets the inherited shapes option, levels 2 onwards will inherit the level 1 shapes.

(I seem to be getting the effect that you are after by specifying the SquareDarkWire template attached below, and something analogous but lighter with the RedOrthog.itmz template below)

(The image also illustrates why one might prefer to switch off the export of links - jumping to the corresponding OF object can be useful, but those globes are quite distracting …)

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RedOrthog.png
Views:	996
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2557  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SquareDarkWire.itmz.zip (2.0 KB, 896 views)
File Type: zip RedOrthog.itmz.zip (1.8 KB, 874 views)

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-09-30 at 04:48 PM..

This is perfect Rob, thank you so much. Now shapes and colors are inherited correctly, and like you suggested I removed the links so I don't get the globe icons.

Looking forward to trying a version that writes to .itmz; when you choose "Download and Sync" from iThoughts, you have to put in an additional .itmz file for the app to sync -- apparently, .itm files can be read, but new versions (generated by the script) won't trigger a sync in iThoughts. I think .itmz will do it.

Quote:
.itm files can be read, but new versions (generated by the script) won't trigger a sync in iThoughts. I think .itmz will do it.
That's interesting - thanks for the feedback.

Ver 017 (in first post) adds ITMZ

Ver 018 actually compresses the file, rather than simply storing it uncompressed in a zip (ITMZ) archive.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-10-01 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: Ver 18 applies zip compression

Great. Version 017 indeed generates .itmz files that can be synced without downloading every time. Thanks Rob!

Version 018 working flawlessly as well.

Last edited by viticci; 2012-10-01 at 04:37 AM..