The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

choppy scrolling, unresponsive magnifying Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I'm trying to modifying the "url" for syncing in the settings, the magnifying glass that pops up is incredibly unresponsive. I've also noticed that trying to scroll that page down is choppy. Any ideas what might be the problem, or how might it be solved? Thanks.

There is a performance problem with screens that use the type of controls OmniFocus uses in the settings pane. Apple is aware of this issue and (hopefully) working to resolve it.

For the magnifying glass, I've seen similar behavior in several applications on the iPhone. Turning my iPhone completely off (hold the top button down and then slide the slider that appears) and back on again usually brings it back to its snappy self. Based on this, my guess it that something is hogging the iPhone's memory.

Yeah I've seen quite a few apps that have poor performance in text input situations. Not just the "text loupe" (that's what that little magnifying glass is technically called), but the delete key also acquires some latency, and holding it down seems to build up an event queue, causing it to continue deleting long after I've let go of the button (sometimes I watch in horror as it deletes paragraph after paragraph and destroys an entire email or forum post, when I only wanted to get rid of one sentence).

Obviously this is something Apple has to fix.