The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

AppleScript: adding a task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi Everyone,

Good to see the developers of the app involved here. I'm sure everyone appreciates their help.

I am having some issues. I've never done much ActionScript but I have most of it working but the OmniPlan part is a bit differernt.

I'm trying to open an existing OmniPlan document and add a new task to the document. I don't seem to be able to add a task.

The code I have atm is:

Code:
tell application "OmniPlan"
	activate "OmniPlan"

set myDoc to make new document

tell myDoc
		--set myDoc to front document

tell front document
			set Myself to make new resource with properties {kind:person, efficiency:2, name:"Tom", cost per hour:200.0}
			set MyTask to make new task with properties {name:"Cure Cancer", duration:8.0}
			assign MyTask to Myself
		end tell
	end tell

end tell