The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email to Inbox Function Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, this is my first post... I started the Email to Inbox function last night. I am a Jott user and want to be able to Jott and email to my "me" email and have it populate my Inbox on Mac app and iphone app.
It did work last night, but today it seems not to be working.
I'm thinking that there must be some requirements... Does the mail or OF app need to be open?

I am remote now and Mac is asleep. I'd love to be able to Jott my ideas into OF inbox.

Any thoughts on why the email is nor consistently moving it inbox?

The Mail application has to be open and running to process the messages into your Inbox. If it isn't, it will do so the next time it is launched, but you won't get the new action(s) until that time. OmniFocus should get launched automatically if it isn't running when Mail processes a message that creates an action.

thanks so much for your info whpalmer4! That did the trick. I am loving this email to inbox feature. It really helps me when I am remote with my iphone in the car etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
thanks so much for your info whpalmer4! That did the trick. I am loving this email to inbox feature. It really helps me when I am remote with my iphone in the car etc
When you're with the iPhone in the car, why not use OmniFocus on the phone to create tasks? Then when you sync they are immediately in OmniFocus... no need to go through Mail.