The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Looking for assistance on address bar search Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In Safari, there is a way to type your search in the address bar via Safari SIA or SafariStand. I can't seem to get it set up correctly in Omniweb. I like to type "g item" for google and "vt application" or "mu application" in the address bar, but can't get the search to happen properly. Can someone assist me with setting up the address bar search. I have removed the Google search bar as I like to see whole URLs and search from the same location. Thanks in advance, as it is probably a simple thing I am missing...

When you visit a page that offers searching as a feature, click the search field and a magnifying glass with a + next to it will appear in the OmniWeb status bar (View>Show Status Bar if you haven't already). Click the magnifying glass and a sheet will appear where you can provide a name (e.g. macupdate) and a shortcut/keyword (mu) for the search term to type in the location bar:

N.B. There is some confusion in the dialogue in that sheet... Keyword=Shortcut (=mu for the macupdate example)

Thanks so much!! This is the holy grail for me... using omniweb and having these quick search shortcuts. Such a simple solution. Omnigroup, keep up the great work! 5.5 rocks!