The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Please take note Omni Group! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://walker.r3cdesigns.com/

I've never even heard of this app until I accidentally stumbled upon a review for this and I have to say that Walker the best GTD app I've ever used! It's simple, it's fast and it's easy. I never could find the perfect gtd/todo app for me and I'm desperately hoping Omnifocus 2 focuses more on visual simplicity and less on complexity.

Lots of bells but not all the whistles, and confusing on first use.

No syncing yet. No mac version. Not universal. No start dates. Buggy getting it to connect to the calendar. (It says to go to privacy and let Walker access calendars, but Walker doesn't appear in the list...) No parallel/sequential actions.

Within the first minute, I ran into a bug. Was positioning the insertion point in the middle of a double word to add a space. When I tapped the space bar, half the entry was erased. At this point in my GTD life, I don't want to start again with a "green" app, following/waiting for the bug fixes and for it to be completed. I'll look at it again in time, but for now, I need to use a full featured, bug free (as much as one an expect) app that gets my work done.

Last edited by pvonk; 2012-10-16 at 04:29 AM..

Looks to me to be mostly if not exclusively task-based throughout rather than project-based from the core. IOW, it appears to be a new approach to set up a task list (aka "Things") on an iOS device.

--
JJW

I've played with it some more. I think it's less featured than Things, but it does have a few additional items that are of secondary importance to me. It has projects, but it is task based in which you add context and project as attributes. No sequential task support. Tasks in a project are displayed by order of creation. The whole menu system (actually, how you jump from screen to screen) trips over itself if you get deep.

Oh, there's no support for reviews.