The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best way to test new organizational approach? [A: Make backup; revert if needed.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that I have some insight on how I think I need to reorganize my action items, what is the best way to "test the waters"? I'd like to do the equivalent of making a copy of my current OF data (which has hundreds of action items in it), and make it active so I can reorganize it. Is there an easy way to copy the OF database and tell OF to use a different database file?

Happy to help, kray! Easiest thing to do here is use the "Back Up Database" item under the File menu. Save the backup someplace easy to get at, like the Desktop.

Once you've done that, just go ahead and re-organize to your hearts' content; if you don't like the changes at the end, you can select "Revert to Database Backup" (also in the File menu) and then revert to the state you saved earlier.