The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toolbar, Column and Perspective Preferences Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All

I think this is an easy question but I am afraid to move the wrong thing :)

I have a multipack license for OF and use it on two computers and an iphone; all sync with OF on MobileMe.

On the main computer, I have set up a series of perspectives and added their icons to the top toolbar. I've also adjusted columns widths, and well, generally set up OF just how I like it in terms of display and custom functions in the toolbar.

To duplicate these same preferences over on the 2nd computer, can I copy a preferences file to the second computer (and if so, where is it?) or will this mess up my synching / the synch being able to recognize the different computers?

Thanks in advance! :)

The toolbar preferences are saved in ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist; the perspectives are saved in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives -- if you copy those to your 2nd computer, you'll transfer the perspectives and the toolbar along with them.

The preferences file does include information on syncing; I don't know whether copying it will mess up syncing. My advice would be to make a backup and then give it a try, but then I always keep three backups of my important data so I'm not too worried when something goes wrong!

Thanks so much! I make 3 copies too – I get paranoid. I'll give it a shot, thanks Brian :)