The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloads causing dock freeze in Leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have a bug similar to the one reported with downloading images in OmniWeb 5.6 and Leopard. I first ran into the same no-apparent-result problems with getting a download of images from this site for fundraiser movie PR that our nonprofit is using:

Teton Garvity Research Lost and Found Promoter Page

and then my dock froze, it would not hide and reveal itself any more. I got it to peek out a bit a couple times, but never for long enough or in the right spot to use it. Restarts did not help.

I found the download file in my home folder, happened to move the files out to where I needed them, and suddenly the dock worked again. On one computer, though, one of the files was very balky about moving, required multiple workarounds to get it into the trash, and now will not empty from there, claiming it is "in use" even after restarting.

So something in downloading images is not working, is corrupting them, and does not play well with the default download folder of the stack program in the dock. I ditched the download folder from the Dock entirely, prefer to just download to the desktop anyhow. The glitch might not be in OmniWeb, might be in Leopard or WebKit???

thanks
Bill Glude