The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Should iPhone OF sync at Startup? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OF syncs at startup on my iPad but on the iPhone I have to tap for manual sync each time.

Is there a setting to turn on automatic sync at startup? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I am using the OF Sync Server for both devices.

Thanks.

It syncs on startup for me, as long as I haven't launched it in the last 30 minutes or so. I don't know the exact time, but it only launches if a specific time delta has passed since last launch.

So I wonder if it should auto sync at startup by design or if it needs to be turned on somewhere.

The app will auto sync on startup if it's been more than an hour since the last sync. Tapping the button will always trigger a sync on-demand, but it's not required.

Thanks Brian. Mine doesn't - woke up this morning after 8 hours sleep and needing to manually sync. I will try forgetting the server and reconnecting.

Same thing happens for my Boss on both her iPHone and iPad. Only happens on iPhone for me.

Why don't you try resetting the sync parameters?

http://people.omnigroup.com/bcovey/DEBUG-LongSync.html

There used to be a switch to turn off auto-sync; did you ever use it?