The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rss Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have just bought OmniWeb because I wanted to use RSS feeds (sadly, Camino doesn't have a built-in reader).

But the RSS feeds in OmniWeb just don't seem to work. Or, rather, they work in a half-baked, hit-or-miss way - the occasional update appears but by no means all.

Is this to be expected? Or have I done something wrong?

Unfortunately OmniWeb doesn't currently handle RSS the way it's advertised on its homepage. However we are hopeful that they will fix this soon.

In the meantime, you might file a bug report on it by using Help > Send Feedback... on your Menu Bar; as it adds your name to a database of other users voicing their opinion.

There seems to be still no support for atom. which is a shame. hopefully it will be fixed soon

If you're looking for a good reader try http://reader.google.com/ ... I've tried everything and that's what I now prefer.

There is also NewsFire which is now free.

Also NetNewsWire...Free and excellent
Peace...
Stuart

Vienna is free, open source, and simple.