The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

what happens on 1/8? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just curious. Is January 8 a magic date? Do we get a manual? Does the software change much? I'm looking forward to that date, I think. It's been much fun watching this develop and I have great hopes for what OF can do for me. (Sort of a selfish perspective, I guess, but very true.) Happy New Year to all.

On 8 January, the Omni Group are going to release the full version of OmniFocus; in other words, OmniFocus is no longer going to be beta software, but is going to get a 1.0 release. I strongly doubt that the final version that is set to be released on that day will differ much from what we are currently using; there may be a few more bug fixes, but do not expect any major changes from the current feature set.

!'m curious too as to what support material there will be?

Manuals, videos, online Help … ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas42 View Post
I'm just curious. Is January 8 a magic date? Do we get a manual? Does the software change much? I'm looking forward to that date, I think. It's been much fun watching this develop and I have great hopes for what OF can do for me. (Sort of a selfish perspective, I guess, but very true.) Happy New Year to all.
I heard they're adding a full implementing of common LISP to aid in scripting.

I wonder why they chose LISP? It's been quite a number of years since I taught that!

What IS LISP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelShapiro View Post
I heard they're adding a full implementing of common LISP to aid in scripting.
LOL. Yeah, you can actually script in C or LISP, or mix the two, in addition to AppleScript. Basically, the entire scripting environment of Mathematica was added to OmniFocus. It rocks!

;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I wonder why they chose LISP? It's been quite a number of years since I taught that!
I think XKCD provides the answer.

(Apologies to the non-programmers in the room.)

Curt

More seriously: The actual application will change less and less as the final release approaches. The words "beta" and "vaportrail" will disappear from the about dialog, but that's about it. (One exception might be the help available from the Help menu in OmniFocus--I think that's still getting written.)

The web page will probably get an update. Also, there will (as far as I know) be a PDF manual available to download.