The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

online manual? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there an online version of the omnigraffle ipad manual anywhere? I searched the site and the forum and no luck.

It takes roughtly 5-7 clicks to do this switch back and fourth between the manual and one of my documents just to figure out stuff like the gestures and what certain picture only buttons do.

For the moment I just screen captured the manual pages and loaded them onto my mac. If it isn't already available it would be great if the manual was accessible from the support page.

I second this idea. Very cumbersome to be working on a doc and have to keep going back and forth - and then forget what you just read. Please put manual online.

Did anyone find the manual? This is a premium product and would expect a manual / PDF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrhawkes View Post
did anyone find the manual? This is a premium product and would expect a manual / pdf!
+1

Instead of posting "+1" or "me too", send in your request to omnigraffle-ipad@omnigroup.com or use the Send Feedback feature.

The response I got about a month ago when I did so was that they intend to post the documentation online, but want to do it at such a point that it won't be immediately out of date. Still, if there are enough requests, perhaps it will be posted sooner. It appears to just be a set of HTML pages, so I'm not sure why it can't be posted with relatively little effort. They did have the original iPhone OmniFocus app's internal help on the web at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Instead of posting "+1" or "me too", send in your request to omnigraffle-ipad@omnigroup.com or use the Send Feedback feature.
Done.

I have made a PDF from the HTML help. It is available here.

The PDF is workmanlike, but it works well enough for me.

Please note: the PDF is offered as is, with no warranty of fitness for purpose (or any other kind of warranty). I have made the PDF available with the kind permission of The Omni Group, and any problems with the PDF are my fault and not theirs.

Hope you find it useful. I may update the PDF if a new version of OmniGraffle for iPad is released.

Jon

Excellent, thank you Jon!

Peter R Hawkes

The OmniGraffle for iPad documentation can also be found at http://help.omnigroup.com/ipad/omnigraffle/

Cheers!