The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

swissdisk down? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I sync OF through swissdisk.com, and I upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.1 on my work machine yesterday. Now I cannot log into swissdisk.com from that machine. OF fails to sync, giving the message:

Quote:
Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The disk.swissdisk.com server returned “internal server error” (500) in response to a request to “PROPFIND /myusername/OmniFocus.ofocus”.
If I try to log onto the account from the web page, I get this message:

Quote:
Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

disk.swissdisk.com
Wed Sep 2 06:12:31 2009
Apache
This happens ONLY on the machine that I upgraded to OF 1.7.1. I can still log into my swissdisk.com from other machines (that either don't have OF on them or that I haven't upgraded).

Anyone else see anything like this? It's extremely frustrating. This is 10.5.7. Sending this directly to OG as well.

I had the same thing happen to me. I finally was able to get into my Swissdisk (SD) account via Firefox (Safari kept giving me that error message).

Once I knew it wasn't Swissdisk being down or me entering the wrong username/password, I tried to re-enter my SD account username and password into OF, but OF wouldn't let me.

Finally I went to my Keychain and deleted the Swissdisk key. Then when I tried to sync, I was able to re-enter my username/password and it's worked fine since then.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
Finally I went to my Keychain and deleted the Swissdisk key. Then when I tried to sync, I was able to re-enter my username/password and it's worked fine since then.
Make sure you've got your username/password correctly memorized or copied down before deleting the keychain entry, or you'll never see your data again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
Yes, a support ninja suggested this to me and it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Make sure you've got your username/password correctly memorized or copied down before deleting the keychain entry, or you'll never see your data again!
The reason I thought about the Keychain in the first place is because I thought I had the wrong password typed in. I had already gone through the process of updating my password on the Swissdisk admin page before I deleted the Keychain. (The admin page still worked, it was just the page with the stored files which wouldn't load).

But still, that's good advice. Never delete a Keychain unless you're really sure you know what you're doing!

Eric

Almost the exact same thing just happened to me, and I'm unable to resolve it. When I try to sync from my iPhone or laptop, I get a similar error message to the above:
Quote:
The disk.swissdisk.com server returned “method not allowed” (405) in response to a request to “PROPFIND /username/OmniFocus.ofocus”.
When I try to log in through the web (FF and Safari), I get this:
Quote:
Could not connect to SQL DB: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Anyone recognise this? I've e-mailed the swissdisk support, but I really need to resolve this issue quickly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/Johan

I am having the same issue. Perhaps Swissdisk is having problems today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmeche View Post
I am having the same issue. Perhaps Swissdisk is having problems today.
I see. Let's hope they fix it promptly.

I solved it. By switching to Mydisk.se. It works like a charm, and so far syncing is MUCH faster than when I used Swissdisk. I have no idea why. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
I solved it. By switching to Mydisk.se. It works like a charm, and so far syncing is MUCH faster than when I used Swissdisk. I have no idea why. :)
I will follow your lead. I like that it was faster.