The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Back" and "Forward" functionality? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me, or could OmniFocus really benefit from "Back" and "Forward" buttons like a web browser? It seems like every time I want to view things differently, I have manually do a bunch of settings. But then to get back to what I was looking at before, I have to do a bunch more settings. I know custom perspectives will eventually help me with this, but wouldn't "Back" & "Forward" buttons be really helpful, especially for newbies?

It's possible OmniFocus already does this, but I can't find it. If it is there, I'd be happy for someone to point it out to me.

+1

I've often thought this.

Good, that makes two of us.

In the meantime, I've learned a workaround to help for a common case. Suppose I'm looking at tasks in context view and I want to check out the project for one. I can hold down the option key & double click on the little dot to the left of the task. That opens a new window focused on the project containing that task. I can then mess with the project. When I'm done, I just hit the close box on the new window and I'm back at the old context window.

I guess I'm learning that there are ways to do what I want in OmniFocus but they aren't immediately obvious. If found that one in the "Creating Flow with OmniFocus" ebook.

Or right click and choose Focus on New Window...