The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Top level items lost [A: Groups aren't actions, don't show in context view.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like to group tasks together to keep track of requests, details and intermediate tasks. However, it seems that when tasks are grouped the top level task is lost in all views except the project view. They don't show up in "Flagged" or "Due" or the custom perspective I set up that uses duration as priority.

Is there anyway to tell OmniFocus to show top level tasks? The underlying tasks are often meaningless to me without the top level descriptor and frequently don't show up because I've set the due date, duration or flagging on the top level item.

Sorry for the confusion here - rows with children don't show in context view because they aren't actually considered actions in OmniFocus 1.x.

This post includes some background info on why the app works the way it does currently, and how it's likely to change in a future version.