The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Just a quick note of appreciation for 'OmniWeb' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just got Leopard installed on my work machine, and the first non-Apple app I loaded was my OmniWeb. Safari 3 is nice (especially the 'Find' feature...I like it), but OmniWeb is still the bomb.

So thanks to Omni and the developers and the community.

Mark

Agreed.

At this point, the big items that Safari 3 has "over" OW 5.7 are:

-- traditional tabs

-- Spotlight searching of history

-- new "find" system (as Mark mentions)

-- inquisitor support

-- better integration with Leopard color scheme

I hope to see some of this come our wayin OW 6...

Sadly, my appreciation of OW has waned over the years. I think it was a great browser, and I'm happy with some of the updates. Still, many of the features that drew me to OW are now gone or don't work properly. The OG seems to be racing to make OW like all the other browsers out there and forgetting many of the touches it once had that separated it from the pack.

Of the things Handycam mentioned, none of them are of any importance to me. What would be important are things like:
- Bookmark checking at the intervals specified
- Remembering contents of text fields on relaunch
- Proper focus when switching between window
- Buttons in the status bar showing up consistently
- "Filter image" and other features of ad blocking working like they once did
- Info pane showing image dimensions (I know a new window will show them in the title, but, again, that's just out with the different and in with the same.)
- Tabbing through form fields, address bar... being reliable