The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How does the iPhone play into contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all -

In my efforts to restructure my projects and context and simplify, I've been thinking of something. Part of my context simplification has been based when I "can't" do something. So, for example, instead of having:

@mac
-- @email
-- @online
-- @whatever

There's no need for @email, because if I'm online, I can do e-mail. So, for example, in a "can't do" approach, I can't do corporate Service Desk Tickets *just* online, I need to be on my corporate network. So, I have a @mac -> @VPN context. Service Desk Tickets's CAN'T be done just online, so they get added to @VPN.

Anyway... in an effort to do this, I started realizing that iPhone adds a whole new dimension of when something can be done. All my computer contexts are nested under @mac. However, a lot of them can be done on the iphone as well. There are somethings that can't be done on the iPhone or that I don't want to due to effort (like editing wiki pages). I'm curious as to how you guys have incorporated your iPhone into your contexts?

Just curious.

-Tom