The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the status on alternatives to MobileMe? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My MobileMe trial expires on Tuesday, so I have decide if I want to start paying for it very soon. I've found that Dropbox works far better as a document repository, so by paying for MobileMe I would basically be shelling out 66€ just for the OF sync. So, I'm wondering if there are other options out there.

I've read around the forums a bit, and I know there are a lot of posts like this one, but most of them are getting old. So I would appreciate an update:

Has anyone found a WebDAV provider that is cheaper than MobileMe, and is hassle-free?

... and by hassle-free I mean easy to set up (no fiddling), and stable (no crashes or corrupted databases).

Yes!

www.bingodisk.com

I've had zero problems with the service and it's only $19/year.

So you got it to work? What's the security like? Does it use https?

JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by beharkey View Post
Yes!

www.bingodisk.com

I've had zero problems with the service and it's only $19/year.

OmniFocus 1.1 for iPhone has gone to Apple and could show up in the App Store any day now. If you're just getting something to hold you over until Bonjour syncing shows up, try to avoid signing up for a year-long contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
OmniFocus 1.1 for iPhone has gone to Apple and could show up in the App Store any day now. If you're just getting something to hold you over until Bonjour syncing shows up, try to avoid signing up for a year-long contract.
Even if you are looking for secure WAN sync?

JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Even if you are looking for secure WAN sync
Bonjour wouldn't work over a WAN, so for those folks, no. :-)

Bonjour can't come fast enough .. got that stupid " no root can reach all tail transactions " error this morning ...

I wonder if complexity of the app has anything to do with update approval or if Apple plays favs ? The number of updates that come out per week for other apps could easily give someone that impression .

If they treat this like they did the Things touch update , I bet it hits the store tomorrow .

ext555: The 1.1 release of OmniFocus for iPhone is not expected to fix the "no root can reach all tail transactions" error. Please contact our Support Ninjas so we can get more details from you that may help us track it down. (They can also talk you through getting syncing working agin.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Bonjour wouldn't work over a WAN, so for those folks, no. :-)
Unless the Sharetool dude can get his program to play well with OF. I got it to allow me to do a disk sync over the WAN (which I hadn't been able to do the last time I tried it 5-6 weeks ago). But Bonjour would be better.

Lizard, I got it fixed by renaming the doc in mobile me and re-syncing.
I wasn't expecting 1.1 to fix it , but I'm thinking it shows up because of mobile me syncing and hopefully it won't show up with bonjour, I've not had any issues with any other apps that I use bonjour to sync with over wi-fi .