The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way for whatever perspectives I have set up on my Mac to be available on my iPad?

They'll sync over automatically — but only context-mode perspectives are supported by the iPad. Project-mode perspectives will not be visible.

Pardon the ignorance, but what's the difference between a project-based perspective and a context-based perspective?

Mike, if you open the Perspectives window on your Mac and select one of your perspectives, you'll see a "View Mode" setting - it means "this perspective is based on the Project mode view" or "this view is based on the Context mode view".

Perspectives of the latter type are supported in the iOS apps, but ones that use Project view aren't yet. Hope this helps!

Whether the underlying view is organized by project or by context. On the Mac, if you see the names of projects in the sidebar, it's a project mode perspective, and if you see the names of contexts in the sidebar, it's a context mode perspective. Context mode views are flat lists of actions, with no hierarchical structure. The Flagged view on the iPad is a good example. Project mode views can have considerable structure, and the iPad and iPhone apps don't support them yet, except for built-in views.