The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Erratic sidebar appearances Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi - enjoying OF as a new user. One apparent bug has me scratching my head a bit. I have set up a few custom Perspectives (both Project and Context view modes) where the sidebar is first intentionally hidden. Thereafter, the sidebar will 'misbehave' in each of my custom views and the standard Planning Mode and Context Mode (where the sidebar is configured to be displayed).

For example, if I first open Planning Mode or Context Mode, then click to a custom perspective...sidebar remains. Conversely, if I am first in a custom Perspective and it is displaying correctly (without sidebar), the sidebar will remain hidden when next clicking on Context Mode....but not if clicking on Planning Mode.

Has this been reported before? It would be great to have a view that consistently hides the sidebar clutter when needed.

Thanks!

The problem with having some perspectives specify the sidebar configuration in this fashion is that you now pretty much need to have all of your perspectives have the Restore Layout box checked, or be willing to have it not always look the same, depending on your previous actions.