The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Split Bar! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Something that just hit me, that I think would be useful, is a Split Bar like in BBEdit.

Sometimes you want to be able to see something at the top of a page, while also seeing something further down the page. Opening the same page into another window isn't always possible with some sites (results of a POST and it's resulting actions, etc) so a split bar would be ideal.

I believe I sent in a feature request for that quite some time ago... I hope it gets implemented once ;-)

Or sometimes you want to be able to load two pages side by side, and not in the multiple windows sense. I use both Spurl and MetaWishList, both of which can use a 'sidebar' feature in Firefox to open a second web page in a small bar to the left of the current page. Particularly in the world of "Web 2.0" (I don't really like the term...) there is a need for the ability to quickly load little 'pagelets' without leaving the current page.

I agree this would be very useful, as it is in any application wherein you work with long or wide pages of content.

I have some JavaScriptlets that I use to do this, but they only work on static pages since they require reloading of the page. They're still quite helpful at times, but it'd definitely be huge to have it built into OW so that you can simply drag the split bar and be done with it.

I'd vote for this too. In fact I voted for it back in May 2004 when sending a feature request.