The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting up calendar alerts in OmniFocus for iPhone [Retired: use local notifications] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlin71 View Post
From iCal on the Mac, try subscribing to this URL format. it worked for me.

http://username@idisk.mac.com/userna...ts/DueSoon.ics
I use Swiss Disk and it says "Connection to swiss disk server refused."

Quote:
Originally Posted by prominence View Post
I use Swiss Disk and it says "Connection to swiss disk server refused."
I figured it out; had to subscribe to it, not set it up through CalDAV - my bad.

I had the same issue using swissdisk, easy to fix... It should work for MobileMe also...

Just email yourself the link to the ics file. Iphone OS3 will sort the rest out once you click on the link in the iphone email. I used the following...

https://disk.swissdisk.com/YOURUSERNAME/DueSoon.ics

It doesn't work with gmx.net, the normal webdav sync does though.
I'm not able to send my login information to the Calendar when I tap the Subscribe in Calendar button. I fill in my login information but the panel comes right back and asks again. Tried it several times and made no mistake.
Gmx.net doesn't support https so I'm using http://mediacenter.gmx.net/ as the webdav link in omnifocus, perhaps this is causing the problem?

Last edited by DaveTheGrey; 2009-07-26 at 06:27 AM..

when actions are added to the calendar, it would be useful if notes were added to the calendar in addition to links to the action in omnifocus. for example, if i'm scheduled to call someone, i should be able to click on the phone number in the note without having to switch to omnifocus.

bbebop, we're using the calendar events strictly as a way to get notifications; we don't intend to rely on this as a long-term solution. When/if Apple adds on-phone notification options, we're likely to replace this feature with them.

Basically, the intended workflow is to jump back to OmniFocus and initiate the call from there. If you add the phone number to the note field of the action, you'll be able to do this.

How to unsubscribe from the calendar? I wrongly subscribed twice and now I have two calendars and two notifications.
Thanks

How to unsubscribe from a calendar? I wrngly subscribed twice so now I have two calendars and two notifcations.
Thanks

Heh, that's a funny question to get a duplicate post on.

You should be able to remove the extra calendar by going to the iPhone home screen, then Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there you can select the extra subscription and delete it.

Curt

Hi Brain,
I am have one issue with syncing reminders. Seems like the calender does not update the reminders until i go to the calender app and view the reminders. Then suddenly the reminders popup. And then only i get the reminders.