The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't expect a date, but any info at all would be great -- a screen shot, or news that a beta program has started, etc...

Really missing this on my iPad -- I have a solution for almost everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballas View Post
Dear Omni,

With June almost upon us and the iPad launching in Europe, could you let us know when in June we should expect Omnifocus for iPad ?
June 1 to June 30 is a BIG difference.

Thank you in advance
Well, June 1 to June 30, 2010 is not as big a difference as when the iPad was first introduced back in January 2010. Patience....... We'll get there........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfneuralnet View Post
I don't expect a date, but any info at all would be great -- a screen shot, or news that a beta program has started, etc...

Really missing this on my iPad -- I have a solution for almost everything else.
I don't know if you can have a beta program for OmniFocus iPad unless you have an iPad SDK to run it in simulator mode on your Mac.

I'd rather be surprised upon release date and get my socks blown off me at release date.

As much as I wanted to know the ending to Lost: Season 5 and 24: Season 8, I waited until I got home to capture that experience! It's the same thing I expect when I see OmniFocus iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
I don't know if you can have a beta program for OmniFocus iPad unless you have an iPad SDK to run it in simulator mode on your Mac.
There is a mechanism for handing out copies to alpha or beta testers, but there is a very small limit on the number of different devices that can be used, and that includes the developer's test gear. As a result, there were only 4 of us testing OmniFocus 1.6 for iPhone, and to test the iPad version, we would occupy 4 more of the precious slots, because we would be using different devices. I do not know if the developer gets a fresh set of slots for a different application. With the first two Omni iPad apps, no one had any hardware (Omni included) prior to the launch, so everything was done with the simulator, and I haven't heard of any outside testers being utilized.
Quote:

As much as I wanted to know the ending to Lost: Season 5 and 24: Season 8, I waited until I got home to capture that experience! It's the same thing I expect when I see OmniFocus iPad.
I haven't watched the finale of 24 yet, though I couldn't wait for my sweetie to be convinced that she should watch the previous 120 episodes of LOST so we could watch the finale together without a million questions, er, maybe that should be an additional million questions :) I did manage to hold off on buying OmniGraffle for my iPad for more than a month, but wish I had given in earlier. OmniGraffle on the iPad makes me quite optimistic about the prospects for OmniFocus on the iPad! I would also say that seeing screenshots of OmniGraffle really didn't convey just how nice it is to use.

Well We now have our iPads in the UK and the rest of Europe and after the fun is over and one try to use the iPad for something more serious....no OmniFocus!!!

Looking forward to June (technically only 3 days time!) and OmniFocus iPad. I understand that it is an investment to get it going for the iPad and I am really pleased that one publisher is doing desktop quality software at an appropriate desktop price.

However please consider is a way for the iPad version to be bundled as an 'Universal app' so that those of us who have bought the Mac version, the iPhone version and now the iPad version. 1Password managed to do it well in that the 'Pro' version became Universal and there also standalone iPad and iPhone versions for those that only need the one or the other.

I'm in the middle of my 2nd trip with my iPad already, and it's been both revolutionary and completely unremarkable. On my first trip, I used Keynote to give a talk, and it just worked- most of the other speakers had to fiddle to get their laptops to work with the projector. But I am relying heavily on OF to juggle a lot of things, and using other apps on the iPad makes me really conscious that using OF natively on the iPad should be much better than using the iPhone version. Omnifolk, please release OF for iPad before my next trip!

i've been using my iPad for a couple weeks now and love it. although using the iphone version of OF is not a problem, i do now realize the potential of the iPad version of the program. especially after using OGraffle on it. so today it is June 1 here (on this side of the dateline), and am patiently anxious for the update.

although this is in the wrong forum, i really am excited about the OO on the iPad. i see a lot of 'notes' apps, but so far nothing like my trusty old OO.

i guess it is a compliment to the developer to have all these customers 'dying' for more. good job omni! wow us!

Please don't forget about us iPhone-only (PC desktop) users!

We want some of the goodies, too!

I hate to pester....no, really, I do.....BUT..any way we can be given even the SLIGHTEST hint as to when to expect OF for the iPad??? I know I've read June...but that leaves me with 30 whole days in which I feel compelled to anxiously check in at the App store each and every day....and that's not being very "productive" :). I don't need a "hard" date..just a general idea. Please? Pretty please??

Here's a very quick (4-second) peek at OmniFocus for iPad:
OmniFocus for iPad sneak peek video
It won't be ready this week, and next week we're all at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference, but hopefully we'll have it ready to submit to the App Store by the end of the following week.