The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Downloading problems in Omniweb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sorry for being such a pain in the arse - with you helping me and all.

Problem is, this player is Flash, and I can see no connection to QT whatsoever.

:confused:

I don't know a clean fix for this if you don't have QuickTime Pro, but what you can do is copy the contents of the address bar from the window where the "downloaded" track is playing, open up Terminal, type in curl -O followed by a space [that's the letter O, not zero], then paste in that URL.

This sometimes works better than saving from QuickTime Pro anyway, because QT Pro likes to make itself the owner of downloaded MP3s, which can confuse iTunes.

Stashie, the screen shot you posted is Flash, you're right. But the link that gets loaded when you click "Download" points to some file that is not flash and will be played by the Quicktime plugin—or downloaded if there is no Quicktime plugin.

(Why didn't you just try it out in the first place instead of writing another post?)

Last edited by zottel; 2006-10-16 at 01:15 PM..

Got it, but no need to be rude. ;-)

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stashie
Got it, but no need to be rude. ;-)

Cheers!
Easier trick, You can download any media that loads in OmniWeb simply by getting info on the page and clicking the file you want and "Save as..."

(Get Info is either Command-I or View->Show Page Info)

Does this link actually work in any browser for anyone? It might just be me but that download link isn't working in Safari, WebKit or even Firefox. Surely I'm just missing something...

Not working for me anymore... it was before.

Here is an example with live download links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imeowbot
Here is an example with live download links.
And the download links work for you in Safari / Firefox?

They don't work for me.