The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Project Column enhancements Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to be able to do the following in the project column:

1) The option to alphabetize within a folder or the ability to do a manual sort
2) The ability to highlight projects— I might highlight in yellow a project that needed special attention or I might mark a project in green that needed to be reviewed and revised.
3) The ability to reveal sub projects-- these would appear as another folder.
4) Smart folders.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by steve; 2007-06-07 at 04:12 AM..

1) Agreed
2) Good idea (background and text color inspector would work)
4) I think they said this was after 1.0 (1.1? 1.2? 1.3?)

BZ

1) This is planned for 1.0
2) Would flags work for you?
3) I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
4) Yes, user-defined smart groups won't make it into 1.0, but you'll be able to save different filter settings in 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
2) Good idea (background and text color inspector would work)
yes, but please give us the option to display the labels as either (a) a column of dots or (b) as a highlighted background. (examples attached.)

for some users, having many, varied horizontal bars of color gives a window a "cluttered" look. :-) so please consider allowing us to choose the display style we prefer.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	205  

2) Would flags work for you?
Yes, it would be a start, but I would see the need to have at least two variations— one for projects that were on fire and urgent. The other for projects that were active, but dead for various reasons-- the need to refactor, the lack of next actions, etc.

3) I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Attached is sub-projects being displayed in the project window. As you probably know, in OmniOutliner, when you double click on an item in the utility drawer, you see the items underneath it. These would be equivalent to subprojects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 36.png
Views:	558
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	206  

Some of this color formatting might be automatic, like dull brown for projects that have not been altered/reviewed for more than n days (compare NetNewsWire's coloring of dead feeds) and red for projects waiting to be reviewed and orange for projects nearing their projected completion date... all user definable of course.

I would like to add my shout for being able to style the items in the projects and contexts side bar.

Once you have a few in these views being able to visually differentiate between related areas is very important.