The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing (without Mobileme) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am currently using Things and love it - but lack of cloud sync has made me to consider trying out Omnifocus.

So I would like to ask from users that how is the syncing in Omnifocus? I need a good, easy and reliable sync solution (in a cloud server). However I am not (and not going to be) a mobileme subscriber.

So what are the options for me, is there a good solution in Omnifocus?

P.S And can the server really handle even if you record lots of audio within your tasks and attach lots of photographs?

Last edited by devastat; 2011-03-09 at 04:52 AM..

Hi fellow refugee!

Omni have their own sync server in beta which is free, details on:

https://www.omnigroup.com/sync/

I have used both mobileme sync and the omni sync and I think the omni sync is faster and more stable, but others may differ.

Some people I believe also use Swiss disk, but I don't have any knowledge of that. I'm very happy using the omni sync server and haven't had any problems.

Welcome to the forums, devastat! Check this thread for the info you're looking for. Hope this helps!

(Yeah, the server should handle a database with lots of attachments just fine, though syncing that much data over the cell phone network may take a while.)

Thanks for the replies, i'll look into this!