The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OO Interface - Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is difficult to describe, but I'd like to see OO have an interface like Omnifocus or iTunes, with a sidebar where I could select and view my different outlines. I use OO for lots of different things, from to-do lists, presentation preparation, writing, grocery lists, etc. I end up with lots of different outlines scattered all over the desktop. Sometimes, I have to cycle through a lot of windows before I find the outline I need to work on. It'd be nice to have them contained where I could just go to a sidebar and select the one I need with folders for organization. I'd also want to be able to open outlines in a separate window in case I needed to see more than one at the same time.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, but why don't you just use the file system? I have a saved search in the Finder to list all of my outlines, but you can also just put them in a folder under Documents and give them their own hierarchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStater View Post
why don't you just use the file system?
Because then you have to keep opening and closing documents, otherwise you end up cycling through a lot of different windows to find the one you want. Much better would be a container that keeps related documents together from within OmniOutliner. It would be similar to the Canvas feature in OmniGraffle, for instance.