The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't increase the font size for clipped notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have a bunch of clippings from different pdf files. I can't increase the font size for notes for those entries. When I change the font size from Preferences, fonts get larger for other notes but those that are clipped stay the same.

Any help is appreciated.

Ugur

Those notes are pasted as rich text, so they have their own styles. That's why changing the default size doesn't affect them. You can clear the styles from those notes, but it's a bit tedious. Here's how:
  1. Select the entire text of the note.
  2. Cut the text (Edit → Cut, or Cmd-X)
  3. Press up arrow to leave the text field. This causes OF to treat the note as empty and forget any custom style there.
  4. Add a note back to the item (Cmd-' or click the note icon)
  5. Paste and Match Style to add the note text back (Cmd-Option-Shift V or choose from the Edit menu)

Curt

Welcome back Curt-I've noticed that we have not heard from you for some time now.

Thanks, Greg. Work and life have been a bit frantic this fall. It's good to be back!

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
You can clear the styles from those notes, but it's a bit tedious.
There's another (less tedious) way to clear those styles: select the text of the note (an easy way to do this is to click in the note and press Command-A), then choose "Clear Style" from the Format menu or use the keyboard shortcut Control-Command-ForwardDelete (^⌘⌦).

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
There's another (less tedious) way to clear those styles: select the text of the note (an easy way to do this is to click in the note and press Command-A), then choose "Clear Style" from the Format menu or use the keyboard shortcut Control-Command-ForwardDelete (^⌘⌦).

Hope this helps!
Problem here is... this kills links. Any links are converted to plain text and cease to be functional.

It would be REALLY nice if clipping could be done in plain text (as an option). REALLY nice.

Doh. I went hunting for Clear Style but didn't see it.

Curt