The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pocket Informant for iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd be interested to hear about comparisons between Omnifocus for iPhone and Pocket Informant for iPhone. Looks interesting.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...formant_iphone

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
I'd be interested to hear about comparisons between Omnifocus for iPhone and Pocket Informant for iPhone. Looks interesting.

J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunicki View Post
I am not sure if any of you have seen this, but Pocket Informant for iPhone in the most recent updated added this:
  • iOS 4 3GS/4: Context Location Notifications - assign locations to a Context and get notified when you are near it Link

Basically it does what we are describing here. I think its proof that OF can make this work and that the battery issue is not such a big issue.
I'm assuming JohnJ80 that you and Master Kunicki are both Sith Lords.... :p

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-11 at 07:37 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post

J.
Pocket Informant also put this:
New in 1.50: iOS 4 Background support - now allows for Google/Toodledo sync to complete after going into the background

I wish Omnifocus could sync in the background too :-( and also improve the local notification options like sound/vibrate! NotifyMe 2 has a bunch of sound options for its local notifications I know it's possible! Also the whole context notification is incredible I wish omnigroup would add that too that would be incredible at least add that feature to be turned on and off so that we could take advantage of it even if it did drain the battery.
Please Omnifocus add these features this was $20 dollar app there's is $12.99 and has calendar integration too so what gives? I hope omni doesn't disappoint :eek:

Email omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com to get feature requests added to the database.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
I'm assuming JohnJ80 that you and Master Kunicki are both Sith Lords.... :p
No, we would be the guys who are with the force and hoping that Omnifocus can retain it and not go to the dark side.

j.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikemkballer View Post
... Also the whole context notification is incredible I wish omnigroup would add that too that would be incredible at least add that feature to be turned on and off so that we could take advantage of it even if it did drain the battery. ...
Hmmm... yes but no for me. All for context awareness, but not for battery drainage. The latter is more of a priority for me than the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Hmmm... yes but no for me. All for context awareness, but not for battery drainage. The latter is more of a priority for me than the former.
Me too. I need the battery power. I know where I am vis a vis what I have to do. If I need to figure out where something is, I can do that through asking now in OF - it doesn't have to be alive in the background.

I have a GPS program that I use and that is background aware. If allowed, it will blow through the battery quite quickly. This is not something you want to leave on all the time.

j.