The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

abnormally large font in text fields Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I installed Leopard the other day. I immediately noticed a problem in OW where the font size is much larger and possibly bolded in the text entry field's drop down, seen with autofill.

Is this a bug or some bright idea to uglify my browser? I decided to go back to Tiger but i'd like to know if this can this be changed back? New MBP is imminent so Leopard will be foisted upon me unfortunately.

Images

OW in Leopard buggy font size IMO

Correct font size in Tiger

Last edited by Drayon; 2008-08-23 at 07:51 PM..

The leopard version is using a standard plain text font rather than styled text from the site. This can actually be preferable in some situations and look much better too! For instance, if the site is using a 48 point font the drop down would cut off the bottom of each drop down selection.

For the record I'm actually not sure where this is coming from. Perhaps WebKit behaves slightly different on the different OS's.

TB im using a custom style to force all pages to use my font so i expect the text field to respect this as it has in Tiger. This is NOT preferable to ME in any way and I get VERY disagreeable when font type and sizes are forced upon me. You can do what every you like to the icons and other things but changing and forcing fonts on me is a big no no.

here is my code

font-family: Optima !important;
font-size: 10px !important;

Handycam- a URL of what?

Thanks

Last edited by Drayon; 2008-08-25 at 02:55 PM..

of a page that displays this

Handycam - copy the code below to a text file, save and name it fontstyle.css then in OW Page Appearance Preference use the "Style Sheet" drop down to select this file. Then go to any page with a text entry field and type in some text you know the form will auto fill.

html, body, * {
font-size: 10px !important;
}
pre {
}
a:visited, a:visited:hover, a:link:active {
color: #9900CC !important;
}
a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active {
text-decoration: underline !important;
}

As I mentioned before, this corrects issues such as this:

The change actually first appeared during the overhaul of form elements back in OmniWeb 5.6 and isn't specific to operating system.

Do you have a URL?