The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Badges wha huh? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It sounds like you are diluting the meaning of "due today" by having items with due dates where you don't really mean it.
Thank you,
I'm sure you're trying to be helpful and not patronising, but I cannot agree. Just suppose I have, on the same day, to take a life-saving pill and to file some tax returns. Both are "really" due on that day, but the effect of being late with the one or the other are quite different.
This is an extreme example, but my case is in a certain way similar. I have, sometimes, things which are just due soon but take precedence over some overdue (but still less important) things.
So, personally, I would prefer to have, on the desktop version of OF, the same option that I have in the iPhone version.
Again, as I said, just my 2c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaz View Post
Thank you,
I'm sure you're trying to be helpful and not patronising, but I cannot agree. Just suppose I have, on the same day, to take a life-saving pill and to file some tax returns. Both are "really" due on that day, but the effect of being late with the one or the other are quite different.
Well, I won't take credit for the general notion, as it's a paraphrase of something David Allen says over and over. But I will say this: don't let anyone ever tell you you don't have talent at making up contrived examples :-)