The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easy iPhone Sync Fix for MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know this is going to be painful for some of you, but starting over works for me.

1. Backup your Omnifocus (just in case)
2. Delete the .ofocus file on your iDisk
3. Delete the database on your iPhone
4. Sync the database from Omnifocus
5. Set up Omnifocus on the iPhone from scratch.

Total Time: 4 minutes (versus hours of frustration)

Sucks? Sure.

Works? Perfectly!

Sync now takes a few seconds instead of not at all. Can you live with this? Sure you can . . . you know the Omni Code Monkeys are on the case.

I still had problems after trying this (several times)

It took a few more (drastic) steps to get things working:

1. I exported the database on my mac to the desktop as an OmniFocus Document

2. I deleted all the files under ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

3. I imported my saved OmniFocus database

(The original database was ~3.2MB, the new one was 32KB)

4. I followed your steps on the iDisk and iPhone

I seems to work now, and syncing takes only a few seconds.

Worked for me. I think something got screwed up between sneaky peek revs. This worked. Brute force for sure, but it worked.

J.

Not happy and rate it unacceptable that this problem has languished for well over a week.

well, it is alpha software after all....

Remember that the iPhone app is released. The desktop and syncing is in alpha. That requires expectations to be somewhat toned down.

J.