The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

redundant download of images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since version 5.1.3 I have found that selecting an image that had already been displayed (and therefore downloaded) using the contextual menu to save to a folder results in the image having to be downloaded again. This may not be noticeable to users not still tied to a modem.

Does anybody know how to get the image to save without re-downloading like it did in earlier versions?

As long as the image doesn't represent a link, you can just drag it to any folder. If it does, I don't know how a possibility. :-)

Shift-dragging should work for images that are also links...

For objects on the page that you can't grab (like background images, css, or javascript) you can use the Page Info (Command-I) and choose display, then on the new window that brings up, Save (Command-S) and choose to save as Source.

Ideally "Save As..." on the Page Info would work directly, but sadly it does attempt to refetch at this time.