The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Live Bookmark Auto check timing.... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Love this browser so very much, it is far better than the competition, and i am sure i will not stop using it. Couple of gripes though, or perhaps things i just haven't worked out yet. The main one is the ability to only set live book marks to be checked for new entries at a minimum of an once an hour. I am a forum user, infact i am a forum addict lol, and i use live bookmarks to keep tabs on new posts in the forums i use. These forums get new posts every couple of minuets, and i am used to firefox's default behaviour of checking every 10 mins or so. Is there any way atall i can get omniweb to check this frequently? I really miss getting new posts as they happen, this is my only gripe with this browser so far. Please please please someone tell me how i can get omniweb to check my live bookmarks every couple of minuets!!!!

Thanks Guys!

You can't do this in the preferences right now (something for the future though!). If you feel comfortable using a terminal window you could do something like this though:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 BookmarksDefaultCheckFrequency -string XX

Where X is a number in minutes.