The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recent 1Password versions no longer working on OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Agile's 1Password Preferences still say it's supported, but not on my OS 10.6.8. Anyone else here having problems with 1P 3.5.8 and 3.5.9?

The above should read 1P 3.8.6 and 3.8.9. All these new version numbers on everything are driving me crazy :)

I'm using Version 3.8.9.BETA-2 (build 31177) together with OmniWeb sneaky peek 5.11 (v622.16 r151183) without appreciable difficulty...

Everything's working now. An Agile employee showed me the trick to reconnecting 1P and OmniWeb.

Dear jwthomas, if you ask the forum community for a problem solution, but then get it elsewhere, please post the solution in the forum. Saying "someone showed me the trick" is not especially helpful for other forum members who experience the same issue and therefore come to this thread …

Thanks!

Uli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Zappe View Post
Dear jwthomas, if you ask the forum community for a problem solution, but then get it elsewhere, please post the solution in the forum. Saying "someone showed me the trick" is not especially helpful for other forum members who experience the same issue and therefore come to this thread …
You're obviously right. The only reason I didn't give the solution was that apparently no one else had experienced the same problem.

The solution: Open 1Password, go to Preferences, unclick "Other Browsers" box; open OmniWeb, click on "Other Browsers" box in 1Password, close 1 Password. The 1P button should now be available in the OmniWeb "Customize Toolbar" popup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
The solution: […]
Thanks!

Just for the record, for whatever reason, I additionally had to click "Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions" before, before this worked for me.

Last edited by Uli Zappe; 2011-11-29 at 11:08 AM..

If you want to run OmniWeb on Lion then LastPass works well and it's free. It will import your 1Password login data too. LastPass has extensions for Safari, Chrome and FireFox but provides bookmarklets to use with other browsers. These work well with OmniWeb for login usernames and passwords as well as filling in personal info and credit card info.

At last I can use my favourite web browser again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf View Post
If you want to run OmniWeb on Lion then LastPass works well
Which version of LastPass do you use? I only find versions listed for Safari, Camino, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

Basically you can set up LastPass using Forefox with the LastPass extension. This will allow you to import all your passwords and login information you exported from 1Password. LastPass is unlike 1Password in that your data is stored encrypted online. Once you have done this, go to this page where you can read about the bookmarklets which can be used in OmniWeb.

While not as elegant as 1Password it works well and at least lets you use OmniWeb once more on Lion.

There is a free standalone app called PocketPass which pulls down all your info in case you just want to view some info you have stored. You can also access all your data by logging on to your account at www.lastpass.com.

Lastly there is an iPhone and iPad app which has an integral browser, like 1Password, but the bookmarklets work well in Safari on the iPad/iPhone.

Hope this helps.