The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The pointless "focus" functionality with current implementation of single tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Since OF releases started to get the "alpha" label several days ago, I started to worry about single tasks.

Is the proper implementation of single tasks still on the todo list for 1.0?

The biggest problem IMHO is that you can't put single tasks in a folder, which I - and many others - use as "area's of responsibility". Right now when you focus on a folder, you loose the single tasks, because they don't have position in the folder hierarchy.

:(

Ksenia.

I've dealt with this by creating a "One-off's" project in that folder (set as a "parallel" rather than "sequential" project) to hold those

I have a project I call "Alone" for single tasks that aren't really part of a specific project.

I understand you guys, but this is just too much work. I have a lot of folders, and a folderstructure of sometimes 6 levels deep, so I would have to create "Alone" project on every level, in every folder, to be able to use "Focus" functionality :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksenia View Post
I understand you guys, but this is just too much work. I have a lot of folders, and a folderstructure of sometimes 6 levels deep, so I would have to create "Alone" project on every level, in every folder, to be able to use "Focus" functionality :/
Are you aware that you can Focus on multiple projects/folders at once, by holding down Cmd as you select them? Seems to me like you wouldn't necessarily need multiple singleton projects to be able to include them in your Focusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Are you aware that you can Focus on multiple projects/folders at once, by holding down Cmd as you select them? Seems to me like you wouldn't necessarily need multiple singleton projects to be able to include them in your Focusing.
Thanks, I aware of that, but then I'll still get unrelated actions into my focused area. If I focus on Work > XYZ folder AND on global "Single actions" project, I will still see in my @Mac context single actions that has nothing to do with my XYZ area of work.

OK, now I see what you want. I actually requested the same feature last month and heard back that the developers are "seriously considering" this. I encourage you to "Send Feedback."

In the meantime I've created parallel singleton projects for each of my area-of-responsibility folders, and it functions well (though does take up screen real estate).