The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting one project only Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I wonder, if omnifocus is able to export one project at a time, without exporting the In-Folder?
If I open the project, that I want to export, the In-Folder opens too. And thus, if I export this Project, everything thatīs in the In-Folder will bei exported, too.
How can I stopp OF from doing so?

Thanks!
Phil

PS: actually it doensīt work at all, right now: I double klick on the project, that I want to export - export it - open it (on a an other system): it has all my projects in it, actually all entries!!
What can I do, if I want to share just one project with a colleague?

Last edited by machampl; 2010-03-04 at 03:44 AM..

You can exchange projects using the TaskPaper text format

You can export the currently selected project(s) from Omnifocus in Taskpaper format.

On the colleague's system, dragging a Taskpaper file onto this applescript droplet will import a Taskpaper file, and the projects which it contains, into their default OmniFocus document.

This is my biggest (and only?) gripe with OmniFocus. I write about my concerns with the limited export functionality over two years ago here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...87&postcount=1. and nothing has changed.

Rob's droplet looks great, but I would like to see built in exports to various formats.

Introducing to OmniFocus to my team two years ago became a frustrating experience because we couldn't collaborate with each other using the program. Unfortunately, I am the only one using OmniFocus out of using 7 copies.

I hope this will be addressed in a future release.

Thanks,
Steve