The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New actions show up gray/italic Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have to assign a project (named it (next) "Actions") to new single actions before they turn from grey/italic to black. I may delete the project right away afterwards and the actions will stay black.

This happens to both new actions I add via QuickEntry and also with the actions I added using the iGTD-Importer I found here:

http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...OmniFocus.html

Is this a bug or is it me making a mistake?

Thanks

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaufmann View Post
Is this a bug or is it me making a mistake?
It appears to be a bug. Have you reported it with "Send Feedback..."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
It appears to be a bug. Have you reported it with "Send Feedback..."?
Yes I did.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaufmann View Post
Hi,

I have to assign a project (named it (next) "Actions") to new single actions before they turn from grey/italic to black. I may delete the project right away afterwards and the actions will stay black.
Also, setting a start date in the future does not remove the item from a filtered-by-availability-view before adding and then removing the action to and from a project (Sent that in via Feedback, too).

Tim

Last edited by tkaufmann; 2007-08-08 at 07:09 AM..

Sorry, yes, there are some bugs with singleton actions at the moment. These bugs and others should be fixed when we finish adding a default "quick list" for singletons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sorry, yes, there are some bugs with singleton actions at the moment. These bugs and others should be fixed when we finish adding a default "quick list" for singletons.
Any guess when that will be? ;-)

Tim

I found this a while back and sent feedback about it as well.

Coincidentally, I found a workaround today that appears to work as of build 89717. (I haven't tried it with earlier builds.)

If you assign the singleton items to a parallel project and then un-assign them, they appear to function normally again. This persisted across restarts, and I was even able to back up and restore the database successfully.

However, this does not seem to migrate to a different Mac; I copied my OmniFocus file from my laptop to my work machine and the old behavior returns. I also created a backup of my database and restored it onto my work machine; no change.

EDIT: It appears as if the change is largely cosmetic. After shuffling my Omnifocus file back and forth a couple of times, now my singleton actions are formatted correctly but still behave as inactive actions. So disregard my workaround above and hope, with me, that this gets fixed soon. :)

Last edited by jelmore; 2007-08-08 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Further clarification

I just created an "Actions"-Project and assigned all solo actions to it. Seems to work well.

Tim