The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How easy was it to get started with Omnigraffle?
Super easy - became an expert in minutes 0 0%
Somewhat easy - Able to use core functions to my satisfaction 4 50.00%
Somewhat difficult - Not as easy as I had expected 4 50.00%
Extremely difficult - Yowch! This is hard to use! 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Samples look so pretty Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I just purchased Omnigraffle pro. All the samples are so polished, 3D, and have nice backgrounds. All I can muster are black boxes on white backgrounds. Are there easy ways to format the document so they look as nice as the samples on the website?

Thanks!:)

Hi wolfman,

You might try downloading the "Sample OmniGraffle Documents" pack on the OmniGraffle Extras page (http://www.omnigroup.com/application...raffle/extras/). Then you can select the various objects in each one and see how the inspectors are set up to give them their styles. If there's something that you still can't quite get, just let us know and we'll try to offer some tips.

I did, and after a few minutes of playing around, I think I am getting the hang of it. Thanks!

Experiment with the fills, lines, and shadow inspectors. For the fills, choose the gradients options to achieve the two/three tone and hatched looks you can obtain. I've created a little movie of me messing around in those inspectors (it's a bit jerky and is heavily cropped to keep the file size down to ~ 20MB).

Click here to view it.

I also recommend using the selection inspector to help you try out different styles and looks while you're creating the diagram.

Thank you all for those great starter tips! I think I am now getting the hang of it!