The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Enhancement Request: Mode-Transferable Selection Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just sent in the following enhancement suggestion. If you think that the ability to follow your selection between modes woudl be useful, use OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback... to vote for this feature in a future version of OmniFocus.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: MODE TRANSFERABLE SELECTION

The feature where when you focus on an object in Planning mode, that focus is retained as you switch to Context mode is very useful.

I would like to see a similar feature, based on selection, and transferable between modes.

For example, if I am looking at a task in Context mode, and realize I need to break it down into more tasks, I would like to be able to select the task, switch to Planning mode, and have that task selected and in view so that I can add additional tasks to it, or whatever.

Otherwise, finding the current task can be quite daunting, especially considering what views were selected prior.

Have you tried the "Show in Planning/Context Mode" item in the View menu (with the keyboard shortcut Option-Command-R)? That's exactly what it does: it switches to the other view mode, retaining your current selection. (Another way to get at this feature is to add the "Switch" item to your window's toolbar.)

Hope this helps!

ahhh thank you!

I knew about that feature like a year ago, and somehow I lost it from my memory -

I will give that a shot...

thanks for the reminder

I'd also recommend Alex Brown's Reveal script as a well-functioning alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Have you tried the "Show in Planning/Context Mode" item in the View menu (with the keyboard shortcut Option-Command-R)? That's exactly what it does: it switches to the other view mode, retaining your current selection. (Another way to get at this feature is to add the "Switch" item to your window's toolbar.)

Hope this helps!
PERFECT!

Thanks again!

I want to amend my request - please make the "Show in Planning/Context Mode" menu command available as a toolbar button -

can you do that, or can I reply to the auto generated e-mail from my original request to amend my request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
please make the "Show in Planning/Context Mode" menu command available as a toolbar button
It's already available as a toolbar item: the label "Show in Planning Mode" was a little long for the toolbar, so there we just call it "Switch".

Cut it out already!

I already checked the customize toolbar window twice before posting, to confirm it wasn't there before I posted!

Well, I guess it's safe to reveal that in our never-ending quest for better customer service, we had perfected OmniTimeTravel so we could implement stuff before it was requested.

Unfortunately, Lotus coughed a hairball into the innards and all over our notes, so we're kinda b0rked now.

;-)